pupil progress meetings!

TES Early Years - Forum

Join hundreds of early years practitioners in the TES Early Years group. Find lesson ideas and inspiration, share best practice and get your questions answered by your peers.

Members 9296 Total Posts 54910

pupil progress meetings!

does anyone have to have pupil progress meetings that include nursery children?? ive been told i can adjust the whole school proforma to suit eyfs but cant see how it would work for nursery?? should i really be asking the nursery teacher to work out what % of her children are "on track" and what amount of progress should nursery children be making across the year?! especially as her numbers are increasing across the weeks as new children start!
    Posted
    Please Log in or Join this group to replyReply
    Yes our Nursery teacher has progress meetings, basically its a judgement against Development Matters statements. Luckily we have a commercial EYFS tracker that we input data into so it provides data for us. However, even using a paper copy of Development Matters should show progress quite easily and also whether the Nursery children are reaching age related expectations. I know we're not supposed to use Development Matters as a tick list but it is the only way to show progress and track achievement.
    Posted
    Please Log in or Join this group to replyReply