Join hundreds of English teachers in the TES English group. Find lesson ideas and inspiration, share best practice and get your questions answered by your peers. This is also the place to go to debate the latest issues in English teaching.
I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on what to put in the cover letter and types of questions/responses I should give at interview. If anyone has an example cover letter for 2i/c, I would be hugely grateful!
Thanks in advance
When I became a 2i/c the key focus was leadership, e.g. how would you lead/support a team, how would you help your HOD and progress, progress, progress.
You could talk about:
- leading by example (lesson planning, marking etc.)
- using data to track and monitor progress
- initiating wave 1/2/3 interventions
- driving forward quality teaching and learning "quality first teaching" is a good buzz phrase at the moment.
- importance of quality assessment, standardising and moderation
- real cross curricular links
- whole school literacy (especially with current national drive with literacy) embedding it in own lessons, departments lessons and whole school.
The key thing is to give examples of times when you have lead a project/initiaitve, used data, etc. Hope that helps!
Top of page
TES Editorial © 2012 TSL Education Ltd. All pages of the Website are
reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any material on the
Website for any commercial purposes. TSL Education Ltd Registered in England (No 02017289) at 26 Red Lion Square, London, WC1R 4HQ