Sassoon Primary Infant Font

TES Have your say - Forum

Have your say on the key issues in education in the TES Have Your Say Group.

Members 1986 Total Posts 6128

Sassoon Primary Infant Font

Please could somebody email me the primary sassoon font? I have looked all over the internet and tried several reccomended similar fonts but they really look nothing like primary sassoon. I would be very grateful if somebody could email me the font.

oliver.storey@yahoo.co.uk

thanks so much!,

oliver
    Posted
    Please Log in or Join this group to replyReply
    Sassoon is a commercial font and the designers, Rosemary Sassoon and Adrian Williams, get very shirty if they find that anyone is trading it rather than buying it!! They have already posted warnings several times on the TES Staffroom boards.

You can buy it online from http://www.clubtype.co.uk/sassoon.html but it will cost a minimum of 25 Euros, and that is just for the basic font. If you want bold, italics, etc., it costs a packet!

If you would like access to some very good and FREE fonts, go to http://www.underfives.co.uk/download.html#downloads
    Posted
    The 'underfives' link doesn't seem to work!
    Posted
    Re Post 2 - I'm sure you didn't mean to imply a criticism of the designers/sellers of Sassoon, but personaaly I don't blame the designers getting "shirty" if someone is passing on their font rather than others buying it!!! I would, too, wouldn't you?

Admittedly it looks quite pricy to buy in for yourself, BUT, I have have found that having the font at home has saved me a fortune in being able to make my own resources using what is, generally, a preferred font, and/or time in being able to make resources I don't need to chnage into Sassoon at school having made them in a non-Sassoon font at home - which is what I had to do before buying it. The licence also lasts a lifetime, so the initial cost can last you throughout your career.

(By the way, in case you're wondering, I am not in any way employed by Sassoon - just a satisfied customer!)

OP - You can download free alternatives if you don't want to pay for Sassoon (try just typing in the website address quoted if the link doesn't work)- the choice is yours, but if you want Sassoon, you'll have to buy it.
    Posted

Can I suggest downloading it fromthe many available free torrent sites.

The price of a font @ "around 25 euro" is crazy.  A font takes around 25 - 30 minutes to produce.  If you wish to have it as an accepted and oft-used font by those who work in places such as schools then you should a) charge a fair price b) not whine when you find i pirated on the internet.

Posted

I haveMSWord 2007 and the font is in there.

By the time you've paid for the font in all its forms, you may as well get Office (Student discounted version) and get it that way.

Posted

Hi Oliver,

Please could you kindly email the sassoon font as i too wish to use it in the classroom?

Many thanks

Samantha

Posted

ALL QUESTIONS ABOUT SASSOON FONTS can be answered from the originators' (Dr. Rosemary Sassoon & Adrian Williams) website: http://www.clubtype.co.uk/fonts/sas/faq.html

Yes we "get shirty" about users who pass-on copies. Without our pioneering research and development work, there would be no Sassoon fonts to discuss. We need to be properly rewarded for that work, so that we can continue to offer relevant professionally designed typefaces - and what's wrong with that. If the Sassoon fonts are saught after by Teachers/School/Parents, then they surely have a 'worth'. Our website offers various packages, from as little as £8 per font for Educators. Nobody should expect to obtain them for free!

If anyone on this discussion list has any other questions, please contact us via the website.

Thank you,

Adrian Williams

Posted

I bought the basic sassoon font tonight from the official website and have spent the last two hours trying to get it to work in windows 2007. The tt font2 that comes as a zip only has 3 files not 4 and is not the same as the ot file and to be honest I have given up and wished I had just used a free font. All I have got is £32 worth of a headache. I have emailed the site and im waiting for a response

Posted

Well I must give them credit where it is due....It seems the font installer was faulty and they replied within 12 hours and gave me a new download. So although it was a pain I cannot fault the customer service Big Smile

Posted

is font plural? if so, what is the singular?

answers on a postcard please?

Posted

font is singular, plural fonts

Posted

The singular is typeface and the plural is typefaces. Font really means something else.

Posted

And as an ex-typographer and font designer/digitiser I have always been slightly irritated by colleagues trying to be all knowledgeable asking me which font I would use!

The answer is obvious, as they aways mean to ask 'which typeface from the list I have on my PC should I use?'

Try TrueType or PostScript then!

Posted

Hello all,

I have always found typefaces an issue and now I needed to write out a worksheet and none of the fonts were suitable!

Like the author I found that very few are suitable for early years/ primary writing and now I have found one I thought I should share with anyone seeking it.

The National Primary font is the main one which is free for non- commercial use. However I am not using the o , r and f of this typeface so I have used the National Primary First Font for these letters.

This is where I downloaded them from

http://www.searchfreefonts.com/free/national-primary.htm

and then when you have saved them, in Windows 7 right click the file and click install font.

Hope this helps. All the best :)

Posted

This site (link) has been around for ages and has nothing to do with me.

http://fontzone.net/font-details/Sassoon-Primary/

Posted