Forums

TES Headteacher - Forum

Join other headteachers and talk about the challenges of the role in the TES Headteacher Group. This is the place to get advice from your peers on all aspects of school management including dealing with governors and parents.

Members 2155 Total Posts 13191

Self-evaluation after SEF website discontinuation

Ofsted has written to head teachers informing them that the SEF website will be discontinued from 22nd July 2011.  The SEF follows the pattern of the current Ofsted inspection schedule of evaluation, which provided a useful basis for school-wide self-evaluation.  A free alternative to the SEF might be to use one, or both, of the following documents:

"Self-evaluation template using the Ofsted schedule", and"SEF Builder"

These documents can be found on the TES website at:

http://www.tes.co.uk/teaching-resource/Self-evaluation-Template-Ofsted-Schedule-Jan-2010-6033869/

http://www.tes.co.uk/teaching-resource/SEF-BUILDER-6049559/

and are also available at:www.notasweknowit.co.uk/freeresources.htm

Posted
    Please Log in or Join this group to replyReply
    Thank you for these links. I've almost got a half hatched plan to amalgamate the school development plan with self evaluation as it doubles up in most respects and we are constantly evaluating progress. I've added grids linking the progress of groups to different actions and evidenced this so loathe to write all this out again for anyone!
    Posted

Oldgit61
    Once that's done I''l get round to teaching some kids.Geeked

My heart sinks a little when I see responses like that. Transilvanian, made a legitimate and sensible statement about increasing the efficiency of his work now that the SEF is no more (but we will continue to contextualise and self evaluate school, teacher and learner performance) and Old git (aptly named) comes in with a statement like this.

Well I too have found a means of increasing the efficiency of my admin against self evaluation by linking it together with the SIP (our schools most important driver, predominately focused on the improvement of T&L) and would also like to tell the heads that don't fear IT about it. However for fear of reprisal I shall not do it on this forum and instead invite you to PM me or look in my resources for the link.

Posted
    Thank you and I am a 'she' but that doesn't matter. I've turned my dev plan into part spread sheet and part success criteria/action/ date etc chart. It saves a lot of time. I had ofsted last year mind you so not tested yet. If you are sharing your method on a resource page somewhere could you give me the link please? Sounds very good.
    Posted

transilvanian
    If you are sharing your method on a resource page somewhere could you give me the link please?

All you need to do is click on this poster's name in the same way that you would if you were going to pm them - you will be taken straight to the resource.
    Posted

I followed the link from your resources JDizzle and am quite impressed with the system, I've got a demonstration organised after half term with one of their sales guys and am quite excited now.

How long have you been using it? How difficult was the start-up? and What is the tech/customer support?

They seem quite passionate about that support element and have sent some testimony over, but of course its far better to hear from an unedited source.

Thank you in advance, I'll PM this to you as well.

Posted

RJH147

I followed the link from your resources JDizzle and am quite impressed with the system, I've got a demonstration organised after half term with one of their sales guys and am quite excited now.

I couldn't fiind the link but maybe I am looking in the wrong place? Can anyone help?

Many thanks

Posted

Sorry for disappearing for so long, I'm sure everyone has been equally busy.

RJH I've PM'd you.

Ictex click on my name and then my resources to see the link but alternatively here it is.

http://www.bluewaveswift.co.uk/Product/SWIFT/School-Improvement

Posted