Case study for GCSE Maths. Level 4b (KS2) failing to make 3 levels progress.

TES Mathematics - Forum

Join hundreds of maths teachers in the TES Maths group. Find lesson ideas and inspiration, share best practice and get your questions answered by your peers. This is also the place to go to debate the latest issues in maths teaching.

Members 5259 Total Posts 49339

Case study for GCSE Maths. Level 4b (KS2) failing to make 3 levels progress.

I am trying to write a case study based on the summer GCSE Maths results. We have a number of students who came in on a level 4b who failed to make 3 levels progress and I want to try and figure out why and write it up (we have those pesky visitors due to our school very soon). I know what data I am going to look at, such as setting, tier of entry, attendance, resultsplus, interventions etc but I am lost as how to write this up in a succinct and organised way.

If anyone has got a good example of a maths case study or have any ideas on how I go about it I would be very grateful. 

Posted
    Please Log in or Join this group to replyReply

I can't help you precisely, but we have a very good record of making 3 levels progress with such pupils.

At my school it is the 4C pupils at KS2 - those that just managed to get a L4 due to intensive drilling prior to SATs that fail to make 3 levels progress.

If you want some data from me I can help there.

Just PM me.

Posted

Were they genuine 4bs?

Did the 4cs make better progress, or the 4as?

Did you know that the difference between these ludicrous sublevels can be as little as 10 marks on the SATs?

Why do you do this?

Can I have a few more 4bs and fewer 3cs, please?

cyolba, ending every sentence like an Australian?       :)

Posted