Forums

TES Physical education - Forum

The TES Physical Education group is a great source of lesson ideas and inspiration and is the place to share best practice and get your questions answered by your peers. This is also where you go to debate the latest issues in PE teaching.

Members 2747 Total Posts 6801

Volleyball lesson plans/ideas

I am going to start teaching Volleyball next week at my school in preperation for my GTP in P.E in September.

Just wondering if anyboy could help me out with ideas or lesson plans. It would be greatly appreciated. Its a Year 10 class but they have not done much Volleyball. Just looking at the basics serving, setting, volleying, digging but, anything would help.

Thank you in advance.

Steve

Posted
    Please Log in or Join this group to replyReply

I have taught Volleyball to my yr 8 and I found the TES website handy for ideas and tips.  Also I purchased the Human Kinetics Volleyball book which had ideas and tips to use.

I have lesson plans and I am willing to send but not sure how via the forum....

Toni

Posted

Toni,

You are a star!!

I will check out the TES website too.

If you could email me on Cundy682004@yahoo.co.uk the lesson plans would be really appreciated. Thanks again.  

Posted

To share you can either put stuff up in the resources section, leave an email her in ublic or PM each other to organise a private email exchange!

As far as I remember the Royal Navy pack is already in resources, as is a serve worksheet that could be modified for other core skills and some skill cards.

Go to PE resources and put volleyball in the keywords box, you'll find them.

HKs volleyball has some good stuff and the Know the Gme books are always useful.

http://www.jes-volleyball.com/pladeadfish.html

is a fun website!

Have fun!

Posted