KS1 SAT 2009

TES Primary - Forum

Join hundreds of primary teachers in the TES Primary group. Find lesson ideas and inspiration, share best practice and get your questions answered by your peers. This is also the place for debate on the latest issues in primary teaching.

Members 25601 Total Posts 190332

KS1 SAT 2009

Hi there.

Trying to find out what the writing is for KS1 2009 SAT.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Posted
    Please Log in or Join this group to replyReply
    Have just ordered the SATs packs for our school. The choice for writing was eitherthe 2007 writing tasks (long task- narrative based around a magic pebble; short task- rhyme/puzzle) or new 2009 tasks (long- non chronological report about night time; short description of a character from story book) 

We went with the 2007 pack.

Posted

Was told on a course last week that you can look at the tasks online but not sure where. If anyone knows would be v. grateful

Posted

There is a dscription of the 2009 tests on the test orders website     https://testorders.naa.org.uk/

You do need your school log in to have a look

We ordered the 2009 tests. Felt it suits our children better than the story and riddle from 07

Posted

Hi, wonder if you can help? I am currently working in year 2, & as a school we have opted to do the 2009 writing tasks, however I am really struggling  with how I am going to plan & teach these different genres for the tasks. I need to teach the children about night-time animals. Really panicking!!!

Posted

As far as I know - you don't have to teach night time animals - that is an example that they use, but you could do an non chronological report about night using different aspects. We have used some wonderful books about a cat called Oscar to do explanations and cover much of our science in Year 2  - Oscar and the cricket, Oscar and the frog. I got them from Amazon. There is an Oscar and the Bat book which is about light and dark - and I am going to use this to explore Night. We are also going on a trip to a planetarium. I felt this was more relevant to my children - they can see the moon and stars and they do know it gets dark at night time. I have heard of other school doing about people who work at night. It is a bizarre choice for the non chronological report - but you can be creative about how you do it.... in my humble opinion!

Posted

Hi I have just read that you are doing the ks1 writing tasks this year.  We have opted to do the same, last year we enjoyed the riddles and thought the children managed them well.  I was just wondering how you are going to introduce writing the story and whether you have any good recommendations of books that support this.  Last year we used the Magic Key books which were quite successful but can be a bit bland.  I also thought this year of concentrating on the setting changing and doing some work about the jungle before hand to get their imaginations going.  I would love to hear any ideas that you can share.  Imaginative writing is quite difficult for our children but we didn't really like the other paper in particular writing the non chronological report.  Looking forward to hearing from you and let me know if I can help you at all.

June

Posted
    Sorry to hijack post, have left my teacher's guide at home and need the book list for the 2009 reading task Level 1 as need to order couple of the books. Can anyone help me out? I know I need: The very Lazy ladybird Barn Owls (read and learn) Aaaaaargh Spider Miaow Hungry Hen Ebb and Flo and the baby seal *** a moo moo What have I forgotten?
    Posted

What is the sky?

Hungry hen

In the town

Let's go by train

Miaow!

Where's my mummy?

While you were sleeping

Posted
    Thank you!