Talking postcards

TES Primary - Forum

Join hundreds of primary teachers in the TES Primary group. Find lesson ideas and inspiration, share best practice and get your questions answered by your peers. This is also the place for debate on the latest issues in primary teaching.

Members 25320 Total Posts 188751

Talking postcards

Hello, I was just wondering if anyone has used talking postcards in a KS1 classroom and what sort of things they did with them. I have just heard about them and ordered some so want to come up with some really creative, fun ways to use them in lessons. I'm thinking they will be great for recording results in science lessons and could be used to support stroytelling.

Any ideas would be gratefully received (I'm a trainee teacher by the way!!)

Posted
    Please Log in or Join this group to replyReply
    They're absolutely brilliant. In FS we used them to put on the tables to explain the LO for enhanced provision. We found the children pressed the button and then traced their finger under the sentence.

Great for dyslexic pupils who forget instructions between the teacher telling them and going to their table - just record it!

Pupils love them, and they're great for getting reluctant speakers (and eletive mutes) to contribute to circle and group time. Brilliant for collaborative story telling, when children's ideas are great but they might not be able to write them so fast. Record them, then write it out at your own pace,

Great for interactive displays, great for EAL children and families. Endless possibilities really. And as for talking books....

Posted

I have tried them for practising recall. I say a sentence about a picture and the child then has a go. If you both have a recording, it stops the claim 'that's what I said'.  The first batch I had seemed to lose quality fairly quickly though and when I looked to order some more I found the range had extended and it was imperative to check how many seconds recording time each item had.  The new lot have an on/off switch which is a nuisance as it's something else to check.

Posted

Thanks you for both of your replies, lots of really great ideas Big Smile

Posted