Recount lesson plan year 4

TES Primary - Forum

Join hundreds of primary teachers in the TES Primary group. Find lesson ideas and inspiration, share best practice and get your questions answered by your peers. This is also the place for debate on the latest issues in primary teaching.

Members 25431 Total Posts 189435

Recount lesson plan year 4

Hi all,

I am doing recounts with my year 4 class and wondered if anyon had any lesson plans or ideas that they could send me or tell me about paying attention to recounts and connectives.  I have just gone blank and am starting to stress that I have no ideas.  I would also be grateful if anyone for lesson plans on recounts with paragraphs and adjectives as a focus.  I would quite like to involve a dvd and get the chn to recount the dvd?  But I just have no clue how to fit it in.  I am an NQT and getting nervous about starting my new post in just over a weeks time :(

Thank you

Vicky

Posted
    Please Log in or Join this group to replyReply

There are plenty of plans/ideas on this site as well as plenty of others if you take time to look.  I generally start with a poetry or narrative unit.  This unit I always think is better related to something the children know which is why it's useful to have done something with them - visit, residential etc.

Think about using a children's newspaper - First News is quite good - to give them examples that they can actually read.  Get them to write diary entries, letters (which obviously include a recount).  If you're doing this immediately after the holidays then they could write a recount of a visit or day out.

Alternatively, link it into your topic.  I shall be doing lots of these activities but the final piece will be related to my history topic.

Good luck.

Posted
    Please Log in or Join this group to replyReply