Ideas for an interest table!

TES Primary - Forum

Join hundreds of primary teachers in the TES Primary group. Find lesson ideas and inspiration, share best practice and get your questions answered by your peers. This is also the place for debate on the latest issues in primary teaching.

Members 25597 Total Posts 190326

Ideas for an interest table!

Hello all,

I would like to have an interest table in my class room (yr 3) to inspire the children.  However, I am unsure about what it should be about.  Any ideas welcome.

Thanks

Posted
    Please Log in or Join this group to replyReply
    Hi, An idea that I got from visiting another school was a Speaking and Listening table. I call it my 'Wonder Wall' and it has all sorts of weird and wonderful objects on that we change each half term. Things like old fashioned artefacts, objects from holidays abroad, things picked up at car boot sales.... There are questions on the wall - 'what is it?', 'what is it for?', where do you think it is from?', who do you think it belonged to?', 'what might it be made of?', etc. The kids (Y1/2) love discussing the objects and making up characters and stories that the objects might belong to. The class that I nicked the idea from was Y5 and their teacher said the same. Hope this gave you some inspiration! jax
    Posted
    Please Log in or Join this group to replyReply