Primary PGCE interview Exeter 2013

TES Prospective teachers - Forum

Whether you’re a career changer, thinking about starting a BEd or you’re planning on taking the PGCE route you’ll find lots of advice here. Charlie Taylor will answer new topics containing "Dear Charlie" in the subject.

Members 6251 Total Posts 22333

Primary PGCE interview Exeter 2013

Hi everyone, I was wondering if you could help me. I have an interview for Primary Humanities at the university of Exeter next week. I was wondering if anyone has done the interview and if so do they have any tips on the kinds of things that are asked at the personal interview and what the task was on? Thank you, any help or ideas would be helpful! this is my first PGCE interview and I'm really unsure of the kinds of things they ask! cheers :)
    Posted
    Please Log in or Join this group to replyReply
    Hi. In my experience, as well as attitudinal judgments, they will definitely ask something about the "humanity" subjects as they apply to primary aged children, so it's as well to know what constitutes good practice - remember, good teaching combines interesting and accessible activities with a clear focus on what the children are supposed to be learning. NC documents are useful for this. To get a more detailed overview of what is involved, there's an easy-to-digest book called Children's Learning in Primary Schools, by Mike Cowdray. You might also be asked your opinion on the new NC proposals for these subjects. Good luck.
    Posted

Hi Hannah. How did the interview go? I'm starting the same course this year. Hope you got it :D xx

Posted

Also, I've started a facebook group 'Exeter PGCE Primary with Humanities 2013-2014' if you fancy joining xx

Posted

I have mine in 2 days time - I would be SO grateful for any help on the sort of questions for th e one to one interview? Thanks! xx

Posted