SEALS Bullying Year 1 and 2 Humpty Dumpty

TES PSHE - Forum

The TES PSHE Group is a great source of lesson ideas and inspiration and is the place to share best practice and get your questions answered by your peers. This is also where you go to debate the latest issues in the teaching of PSHE in schools.

Members 2188 Total Posts 3344

SEALS Bullying Year 1 and 2 Humpty Dumpty

Can anyone help me please. I am trying to locate a story mentioned in the SEALs book that refers to Humpty Dumpty. I know it is a nursery rhyme but am I missing something?
    Posted
    Please Log in or Join this group to replyReply
    No I dont think you are missing anything, there isnt a book in the booklist, you might beed access to a nursery rhyme book, the info below is taken from the theme overview

"The children show their list of some of the feelings that Humpty Dumpty felt
    when he was pushed off the wall. They say how the servants helped to make
    things better for Humpty Dumpty."

When you look at the resource booklet it also allows you to develop an imaginary story around humpty, hence the servents.

I think this is in to help the younger children understand more about feelings associated with bullying. The theme overview does suggest a different story is used for young children in the assembley for example.

Hope this helps
    Posted
    Or you may be referring to The Terrible Fate of Humpty Dumpty which is a drama script about bullying
    Posted
    I was stuck on this and after checking with the rest of the staff I focused on Cinderella as she is bullied by her stepsisters but is helped by the fairy godmother etc. Dont know if this helps but it worked with my class and for the assembly at the end of the project!
    Posted

What a fab idea and a much better scenario! Think I'll use Cinderella as well instead of the strange Humpty Dumpty idea!

Posted

I don't know if this will help, but there used to be story book called Little Lumpty that was used as a Y2 SATs book years ago.  Could it be that one?  It used the idea of Humpty Dumpty but I can't remember the story well enough to know if it relates to bullying in any way.

Posted