Questions from an LSA/TA interview!

TES Teaching assistants - Forum

Get together with hundreds of teaching assistants, learning support assistants and HLTAs in the TES Teaching Assistant Group. Share your experiences in teaching support, get advice on TA pay and conditions from your peers and find a sympathetic ear.

Members 3893 Total Posts 13599

Questions from an LSA/TA interview!

Hi,

I got loads of help for preparing for my Learning Support Assistant interview from these forums so I thought i would post the questions that i was asked in my interview today to try and help others:

* How would you encourage a child who did not have motivation to learn?

* Apart from the children, who else contributes to the school?

* What can you bring to the school?

* You've said what you can bring to the school but what can the school do for you? what do you expect?

*  Where do you see yourself in 2 years time?

* How do you know this job is what you want to do?

* Why should we give this job to you?

Hope it helps!

Posted
    Please Log in or Join this group to replyReply

Thanks Jolly,

Hopefully I'll get the opportunity to use your info.

There's nothing to apply for in this area, so havn't even got to the application stage. Hopefully vacancies will come to light over the next few weeks.

Good luck - have you heard anything back yet?

Posted
    so what were your answers? did you say the right things? and have you heard anything from the interview yet? also who is usually in these interviews?
    Posted

I've been to a few TA interviews (as I work for an agency) and I've never been interviewed by less than 2 people. Usually they're the heads/deputy coordinators in the learning support department (or equivalent - dept. name varies school to school!)

Posted