Saudi dependent visas

TES Teaching overseas - Forum

If you’re looking for an overseas teaching job, or you’re already working abroad, this is the group for you. Join hundreds of overseas teachers and find out more about what it’s really like to teach in a foreign country.

Members 6086 Total Posts 51583

Saudi dependent visas

People who have nothing better to do than read my mindless ramblings on the TES will know that Mrs Hippo and I used to be in Jeddah. However, a colleague who might be more up-to-date in these matters has told me that it is impossible for a teaching husband to get a Saudi dependent visa for his non-teaching wife. (Well, actually Mrs Hippo does teach piano and singing to individual students, but she is not employed by a school as a regular class teacher.) Is this true? Have the rules re. dependent visas changed recently? I tried the Saudi Embassy, but so far I have had no reply.

Posted
    Please Log in or Join this group to replyReply
    Well u already know my situation is different as both me and my husband will be teaching in KSA. Good luck with getting a visa from the Saudi embassy, albeit one word or a sentence if you're lucky! I know of a few people who are out there where only husband is teaching although they have said they had to go out initially for a few weeks and obtain their iqama before they could sponsor their non teaching wife and call her over. How did you both get visas when you were initially in Jeddah?
    Posted
    Hi guys I have just been offered a job. My husband is a non teacher. I am in a difficult situation at the moment because I want to make sure that me and my husband can travel together as I dont feel comfortable 100% travelling and living on my own in Saudi whilst i wait for my husbands visa. Please could anyone clarify how I prevent this from happening and ensure that my husband and I can leave together? The school have said that they can try and sort something out, but this cannot be guaranteed, as they have some 'contacts' that might be able to make my preference possible. Cheers everyone :)
    Posted
    Sorry that is meant to say good luck getting a reply not visa... You need to get in touch with a agency here in the UK ychowdery. They will be able to assist you, ESP the ones based in London as the one we are dealing with visit the Saudi Embassy everyday and most often they find out info that we need faster than the Saudi embassy does in replying to our emails. Good luck and feel free to PM me if you need any more info, we have progressed with our paperwork a fair bit this week :-)
    Posted
    Kulsum, it is great to hear from you. I hope that KSA works out really well for you.
    Posted
    Posted