Get together with hundreds of teaching assistants, learning support assistants and HLTAs in the TES Teaching Assistant Group. Share your experiences in teaching support, get advice on TA pay and conditions from your peers and find a sympathetic ear.
I got loads of help for preparing for my Learning Support Assistant interview from these forums so I thought i would post the questions that i was asked in my interview today to try and help others:
* How would you encourage a child who did not have motivation to learn?
* Apart from the children, who else contributes to the school?
* What can you bring to the school?
* You've said what you can bring to the school but what can the school do for you? what do you expect?
* Where do you see yourself in 2 years time?
* How do you know this job is what you want to do?
* Why should we give this job to you?
Hope it helps!
Hopefully I'll get the opportunity to use your info.
There's nothing to apply for in this area, so havn't even got to the application stage. Hopefully vacancies will come to light over the next few weeks.
Good luck - have you heard anything back yet?
I've been to a few TA interviews (as I work for an agency) and I've never been interviewed by less than 2 people. Usually they're the heads/deputy coordinators in the learning support department (or equivalent - dept. name varies school to school!)
Top of page
This website and its content is subject to our Terms and Conditions. TES Global Ltd is registered in England (Company No 02017289) with its registered office at 26 Red Lion Square London WC1R 4HQ.